Easi-Detectors are a superb set of four rechargeable metal detectors, in four colours, comes complete with a docking station and wall charger. Ideal for use in sand or around your setting, Easi-Detectors are a fantastic addition to your early years resources. Unlike a lot of detectors on the market, we have tried to make these as easy to use as possible. That means:
- No attenuation wheel - we have put a simple 'on/off' switch instead
- Motion sensitive - if they are left unattended, they will 'sleep', not beep!
- Recharge through the included hub- great for continuous provision and storage
- Fully tested to make sure they comply to all relevant toy safety standards for your piece of mind
Investigate what lies beneath the soil, sand, paper etc. Will it be gold, silver, bronze or other metal? These innovative detectors are simple to use; sweep them over objects or areas and hear the beep as they detect the metal. With a detection range of up to 40mm for a 25mm diameter coin, these marvellous treasure hunters can be used to aid learning in lots of areas:
- Develop communication skills as children search for hidden treasure, looking at clues and maps.
- Investigate materials in your setting. Is there any metal in a tree? Is there any metal on a table? Why does it beep when I run it over my shoes?
- Discuss why the metal detector beeps when it goes over money, but not other precious items like gems.
Why not make your own ancient artefacts and hide them for children to discover? Batteries should last for up to eight hours in normal use with a three hour recharge period. An LED indicates charge status.
Each detector: L20 x W8cm, for ages 3yrs+.