Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Sammat Education is committed to providing and maintaining the best possible standard of occupational health and safety for everyone at Sammat Education places of work, including employees, contractors and visitors.
In realising its commitment, Sammat Education will comply with all relevant occupational health and safety legislation.
Sammat Education recognises that the best way to manage occupational health and safety is through management and staff working together to identify and solve occupational health and safety problems. Sammat Education is committed to regular consultation with staff, and where necessary with contractors and suppliers of equipment and services, to make sure occupational health and safety is being effectively managed.
Senior management within Sammat Education acknowledges that there is a primary legal responsibility given to all those in management positions for the health and safety of the people who work under their direction. Senior management will make sure that occupational health and safety responsibilities are appropriately defined and delegated and that managers receive necessary training and resources to carry out their occupational health and safety responsibilities.
All managers have a duty to provide and maintain, as far as is practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to health. To carry out this responsibility, managers must:
- Ensure Sammat Education's occupational health and safety policy and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Make sure occupational health and safety duties are identified and assigned to appropriate employees.
- Make sure regular discussion on occupational health and safety between staff and management takes place.
- Make sure that all procedures that relate to occupational health and safety, such as purchasing, training, hazard management, first aid, emergency action and evacuation, are regularly revised and continue to meet Sammat Education's occupational health and safety needs and responsibilities
- Provide necessary information, training and appropriate supervision to all Sammat Education employees to enable them to understand and follow safe working procedures.
- Investigate and report on all occupational health and safety incidents and accidents so that weaknesses in the Sammat Education's occupational health and safety system can be identified and corrected.
- Keep up to date with developments in occupational health and safety legislation and standards which impact on their work area.
- Make sure that all contractors engaged to carry out work for Sammat Education understand the safety standards expected of them and meet these standards in the way they carry out their work.
- Make sure that the suppliers of equipment and services understand the safety standards expected of them and that the equipment meets appropriate standards and legislative requirements.
- Monitor current occupational health and safety performance and try to achieve a steadily improving standard of occupational health and safety performance.
Staff of Sammat Education have a legal responsibility to actively contribute towards maintaining a healthy and safe workplace.
To do this, staff must:
- Work safely at all times to protect their own health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone with whom they work, and the health and safety of any other person who is at their work site.
- Report to their supervisor any hazards they encounter in their working day.
- Cooperate with all safety programs being implemented by Sammat Education and follow specified safe systems of work.
- Participate in occupational health and safety consultation and training initiatives and use personal protective equipment and clothing that is specified for their work and supplied by Sammat Education.
This occupational health and safety policy will be regularly reviewed to take account of changes in how we do our work and changes in the legal requirements for occupational health and safety.
Management of Sammat Education seeks the cooperation of all employees in realising our occupational health and safety objectives and in creating a healthy and safe working environment.