Kids - Do you want to learn how to make games?
In this online workshop you will learn the basics of block based computer coding and game creation.
The 5 sessions will run each day on June 28th 2021 through to July 2nd 2021 (Mon-Fri) from 9.30am-10.30am AEST.
Scratch is a free programming language and online community that makes it easy for anyone, even kids, to create interactive stories, animations, games and more. It's fun and easy-to-learn! You don't need any experience with coding or game design.
Kids can use Scratch to share their creations with the world by uploading them onto the site or sharing them with their friends. They can also remix other people’s projects by downloading them from the site. There are over 20 million projects uploaded so far!
Who is this workshop for?
- This workshop is aimed at beginners and intermediate coders. Ages 7-12
- Learn the foundations and design different games.
- 5 x 1 hour LIVE video tutorials via ZOOM web conference.
- Live video tutorials from our STEM Teacher (all our teachers are highly experienced and qualified classroom practitioners with current Working With Children certification)
- Session notes on our learning portal for continual learning and revision in your own time
- Recordings on our learning portal of the live sessions in case you want to review or missed something
What you need
- A computer or laptop with internet access (Windows, Mac or Chromebook) and Zoom client installed (free download).
Dates and Times
- The 5 sessions will run each day on June 28th 2021 through to July 2nd 2021 (Mon-Fri) from 9.30am-10.30am AEST.